|Глагол в единственном или во множественном числе is/are||Глагол во множественном числе are||Глагол в единственном числе is||Глагол во множественном числе are|
|1. My family is small (как единое целое)|
My family are good eaters. (члены семьи)
2. Our staff is well-trained.
The staff are very young.
3. The team consists of eleven players.
The team are wearing new shirts today
|1. The people here are very friendly. (но: the peoples of the world = народы)|
2. The police are here.
The police have come
3. The cattle are in the fields.
4. The clergy are stationed in the Vatikan.
5. The media are the Press, the Radio, TV
|1. It is timely advice.|
2. The news has come.
3. His money comes from oil business.
4. His knowledge is deep.
5. It is tasty toast.
6. It is fine weather today!
7. What good work it is!
|1. These clothes cost a lot.|
2. Where are the Customs?
3. These scales are not correct.
4. The scissors have become blunt.